Without further ado, Kronos OptiLink®
Kronos Accelerates Healthcare Workforce Management Leadership
with Acquisition of OptiLink
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Jan. 20, 2012 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that it has acquired the assets of OptiLink from The Advisory Board Company in a cash transaction. As a result of the acquisition, Kronos has added one of the industry’s leading acuity-based staffing solutions to its healthcare workforce management suite. Kronos now offers the most advanced, clinically-focused workforce management suite designed to help healthcare organizations deliver high-quality patient care.
- Headquartered in Tigard, a suburb of Portland, Ore., OptiLink helps healthcare organizations such as Intermountain Healthcare, Seton Family Healthcare, and Tenet Healthcare Corporation to align staffing levels to actual patient needs.
- The OptiLink acuity solution empowers nursing executives and their staff to manage workload, schedules, and productivity using actual patient demand rather than static budgets created in advance. Using real-time data on admissions, discharges, and transfers, OptiLink delivers a clear picture of patient population and staffing from the unit level through the entire system – enabling hospitals to staff effectively based on the intensity of patient care needed.
- With this acquisition, Kronos is creating a common platform within which the finance and nursing departments can collaborate to control costs and deliver high-quality patient care.
- OptiLink staff will continue to operate out of OptiLink’s Tigard, Ore. facility.
- More than 3,000 hospitals and 4,000 long-term care organizations use Kronos workforce management solutions every day.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
“This is a great complementary acquisition for Kronos. OptiLink’s innovation in aligning staffing levels to actual patient needs further enhances our workforce management solution for the healthcare market.”
- Susan Reese, chief nursing officer, Kronos
“Bringing OptiLink technology and talented people into our portfolio gives us the opportunity to further unite clinical practice with workforce management to deliver even greater value to our healthcare customers.”
- Claire Hernandez, managing director, OptiLink
“We are excited to be joining the Kronos team. Together we will be well positioned to meet the strategic and operational imperatives confronting our customers as they seek to achieve optimal workforce management.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.